- High level Ministerial Ministerial summit of ESCAP , Bangkok May 15-16, 2018
- Regional champions meeting, World Bank, Singapore, May 7-9, 2018
- Public Lecture at IFSB Annual meeting, Kuwait May 1, 2018
- London School of Economics Conference on South Asia, London, March 17, 2018
- AAOIFI Governance and Ethics Board , Bahrain March 6-7, 2108
- World Economic Forum, Davos, Jan 22-25, 2018
- AAOIFI Governance and Ethics Board Bahrain, Dec 6-7, 2017
- World Bank-AAOIFI Annual Conference, Bahrain, Nov 4-6, 2017
- MAJ Leadership Institute, Dubai, Sept 17-19, 2017
- International Conference on CEPAC , Fudan University,
Shanghai August 23-26, 2017
- Governance Board of AAOIFI
Bahrain August 14-17, 2017
- IDB Selection Committee Dubai May
- Karachi Literary Festival , London May 19-25,
- Islamic Development Bank Presidential Advisory Panel,
Jeddah May 14-16, 2017
- AAOIFI Governance and Ethics Board, Muscat, March 28-30,
Financial Cooperation Seminar, Beijing CAPDF March 17, 2017
- Board of Trustees, IRTI, Jeddah, May
- Address, Global Islamic Forum on Sustainable Development
Goals held at Jakarta on May 22, 2016
Forum, Doha, May 21-23, 2016
- Global Islamic Forum, Annual Meeting ISDB, Jakarta,
May 16, 2016
- AAOIFI Governance and Ethics Board, Manama,
- Presidential Advisory Penal, ISDB, Jeddah
March, 12, 2016
- Round Table and Public Forum, Australian National University,
Canberra, Feb 23, 2016
- Islamic Development Bank Selection Committee, Dubai, Feb 4,
- Global Conference On Islamic Finance organized by the IMF
and Central Bank of Kuwait at Kuwait on Nov 11, 2015 Emerging
Markets Forum held at Tokyo on Nov 3-5, 2015
- Panelist, South Asia Economic Conclave, New
Delhi, Sept 28-30,2015
Development Bank Search Committee meeting, Dubai, September
- Middle East Advisory Group
of IMF meeting at Fez, September 6,2015
AMDISA Executive Board meeting, Ahmedabad, August
- Task Force on Financial
Inclusion, Washington DC June 23, 2015 7.
Center for Global Development Task Force on
Financial Inclusion, Washington DC June 23, 2015
Panelist, IRTI Global Islamic Forum, Islamic
Development Bank Annual meeting, Maputo,June 8-10,2015
Chief guest, Pakistan Professionals Wing, Dubai,
May 22, 2015
- Speaker at the IFSB
Summit, Amaty, May 20-21,2015
Bank South Asia regional Champions meeting Colombo March
31-April 1, 2015
- Key note speaker
Harvard Pakistan Forum Boston March 28- 29, 2015
on India Pakistn Trade Relations New Delhi, Feb 2-3, 2015
- IMT Global
Conclve, Ghaziabad, India April 1, 2015
- Led HEC Vice
Chancellors Delegation to New Zealand, Feb 27- March 9, 2015
Advisory Panel, Islamic Development Bank, Jeddah, March 19, 2015
World Bank Regional
Leadership Team, New Delhi, Jan 14, 2015
- IBA Alumni
chapter of UAE Annual Dinner, Dec 12, 2014
CGD Task Force, Washington, DC
Nov 18, 2014
- IMF Middle East
Advisory Group, Washington, DC Beijing Forum, Beijing Nov 6-9,
speaker at NEDian Annual Convention, San Francisco, Oct 12, 2014
- US-Pakistan Roundtable, Stanford University, Palo Alto,
September 2-5, 2014
- 40th Anniversary and Annual Meeting of Islamic
Development Bank, Jeddah June 23-26, 2014
- World Bank
Regional Champions Meeting, Kathmandu, June13-16, 2014
- Seminar on Pakistan, IFRI and Embassy of Pakistan, Paris, May
- MILE Leadership Conference, Madinah, April 23-25, 2014
- OECD Symposium , Paris, March 20-21, 2014
- Center for
Global Development Task Force on Financial Inclusion, Washington
DC, Feb 6, 2014
- World Economic Forum Annual Meetings, Davos,
Jan 22-26, 2014
- ICRIER Conference On India-Pakistan Trade
New Delhi jan 2, 2014
- World Economic Forum Global Advisory Council summit, at Abu
Dhabi, Nov 18-20, 2013
- IMF middle East Advisory Group meeting,
at Washington, Dc, on Oct 16, 2013
- ADB-IFSB Conference on
Islamic Finance, at Manila, Nov 4-5, 2013
- CEEMAN Annual
Conference, at Bled, Slovenia, Sept 24-29, 2013
- Emerging Markets Forum, Astana, Kazakhstan, Sept 10-11,
- Neemrana Initiative meeting held at New Delhi, Aug
- World Bank Regional Champions meeting held at
Bangkok, June 12-13, 2013
- Islamic Financial Services Board 10th Summit speaker,
Kualalampur, May 15-17, 2013
- Plenary session speaker, South
Asia Rotary Summit, Hyderabad, India, May 3-5, 2013
- Distinguished Lecture at ICRIER, New Delhi, Feb 5, 2013
- World Economic Forum Annual Meeting Davos, January 22-27, 2013
- Transparency Advisory Group, World Bank, Bangkok, January 16-19, 2013
- Managing and Advisory Committee meeting of South Asia Network of Development Economics and Environment,
Kathmandu, Dec 10-12, 2012
- World Economic Forum summit on Global Advisory Councils
held at Dubai, Nov 11-14, 2012
- The Citizens Foundation Fund
raising event held at Seattle, USA, Oct 13, 2012
College Conference on "The Future of the World Bank and IMF" at
Williamstown, USA, Sept 26, 2012
- US- Pakistan relations at Hoover Institute, Stanford University, Palo Alto, Aug 23-24,
- SEACEN course at Manila, July 29-Aug 1, 2012
- Global Business Schools Network (GBSN) Annual Conference, New Delhi,
June 12-13, 2012
- China-South Asia Economic Forum, Kunming, China, June 3-7,
- Distinguished Lecture at Asian Institute of Finance,
Kualalampur, Malaysia, May 23, 2012
- Neemrana India-Pakistan
Initiative, New Delhi, May 19-21, 2012
- Global Conference
MiIliken Institute, Los Angeles, April 29-May 2, 2012
- Harvard Pakistan Conference, Boston, April 25-26, 2012
- Conference on India Pakistan Trade, organized by Woodrow Wilson
Washington, April 23, 2012
- EABER/SABER Round table and
Public Forum, ANU, Canberra, April17-18, 2012
- Aman ki Asha
Education Committee, New Delhi, April12-14, 2012
Workshop on Pakistan, Dubai, April 10-12, 2012
Marketing Summit, Dhaka, February 29-March 3, 2012
- Friends of
Europe Seminar on Pakistan, Brussels, January 26, 2012
Dialogue on Pakistan, Palo Alto, January 22-24, 2012
- World Innovative Summit for Education (WISE) held at Doha, Qatar, Oct 30 – Nov1, 2011
- World Economic Forum Summit of Global Advisory Councils held at Abu Dhabi , October 9-11, 2011
- Middle East Advisory Group, IMF, Washington. September 24-26, 2011
- International Growth Conference (IGC), London. September 19-21, 2011
- Abraaj Capital Forum, Istanbul, Turkey. September 16, 2011
- South Asia Forum, New Delhi, India. September 8-9, 2011
- EABER / SABER Workshop, Roundtable, Public Forum, Canberra, Australia. August 17-19, 2011
- Convocation Speaker, Carnegie Mellon University, Adelaide, Australia. August 15, 2011
- Global Business Schools Network Annual Conference, Mexico City, Mexico. June 19-23, 2011
- Neemrana Initiative Meeting, New Delhi, India. May 28-June 1, 2011
- AMDISA Executive Board meeting, Kathmandu, Nepal. May 15-16, 2011
- International Conference on Microfinance, Tunis, Tunisia. April 20-22, 2011
- AMDISA Executive Board, Male, Maldives. February 19-20, 2011
- Emerging Markets Forum at Airlie, Virginia, USA Oct 11-12, 2010
- IMF Advisory Groups meeting , Washington, DC Oct 10, 2010
- IDB Global Forum on Islamic Finance, Baku, June 21, 2010
- Global Business schools Network Annual Conference, Washington,
DC, June10-11, 2010
- Aman-ki-Asha Conference, Jang Group and
Times of India Group, Delhi, May 18, 2010
- Asia Pacific regional
Advisory Group, UNDP, Bangkok, May 6, 2010
- Center for Global
development Study Group on Pakistan, Washington, DC , April 28,
- Middle East regional Advisory Group, IMF, Washington, DC ,
April 26, 2010
- South Asia Federation of Exchanges Biennial Conference, Mauritius, April 22-24, 2010
- Asian Regional Forum, Asian Development Bank Manila, Jan. 14-15, 2010
- USAID Delegation of Vice Chancellors to the U.S. November
- Middle East Regional Advisory Group Marakesh,
October 12-15, 2009
- AMDISA Executive Board, Hyderabad, India.
September 4-15, 2009
- EABER/SABER Round table held at New Delhi on June 29-30
- Emerging Markets Forum held at Mumbai and New Delhi on June 22-26
- Weak and Fragile states; A learning event organized by CIDA/AKF Canada at Ottawa on June 19, 2009
- Asian Bankers summit, Beijing May 10-12, 2009
- Special Meeting on “The Future of Global Finance” convened by the MD, IMF at Washington DC April 24,2009
- RUSI-IPRI seminar, Bahrain March 24-25, 2009
- Global Development Network Annual Conference, Kuwait, Feb 2-6,2009
- Task Force on access to Finance, Washington Dc Oct 27,2008 and April 21, 2009
- 20th anniversary Conference of African Economic Research Consortium, Nairobi, Sept15-16, 2008
- Task Force on Access to Finance, Washington D.C., Oct. 28,
2008, July 7, 2008
- South Asian Panel on Growth and Development Commission Report,
New Delhi, May 27, 2008
- Higher Education Summit, organized by US State Department,
Washington D.C., May 2, 2008
- Workshop on Afghanistan and its neighbors, Oxford, April
- International Advisory panel of ISDB, Jeddah, March 20, 2008
- Asian Bankers Summit, Hanoi, March 16-19, 2008
- South Asian Federation of Stock Exchanges Conference, Dhaka,
January 31 – February 01, 2008
- Global Development Network Annual Conference, Brisbane January
- INCEIF Global Forum, Kuala Lumpur, August 30,2007
- North South Round Table Seminar, New York, September 21, 2007.
- Seminar on Economic Development and Poverty Alleviation,
organized by Institute of Strategic and International Studies,
Malaysia, September 3, 2007.
- Pakistan: Prospects for Economic
Growth and Challenges Seminar, Washington DC, August 20,2007
- Panel on Islamic Banking, World Islamic Economic Forum , Kuala
Lumpur May 29, 2007
- Panel on Poverty Gap, World Islamic Economic Forum, Kuala
Lumpur May 29, 2007
- Address to the Board of Directors of Asian Financial Holdings
(Temasek), Singapore, November 22, 2006
- Moderator of Plenary Session on Diversifying investment at
World Islamic Economic Forum, Islamabad, November 7, 2006
- Speaker at Asia Society Conference, Mumbai, March 18-20, 2006
- Key note speaker at Merril Lynch – KASB Investors Forum,
Singapore, Feb 13-16, 2006.
- Harvard Asia Business Conference, Cambridge, Mass. Feb 10-12,
- Emerging Markets Forum, Templeton College, Oxford Dec 9-11,
- Forum on Global Challenges and the Role of Education held at
Williams College, Williamstown, Ma on October 9, 2004.
- Conference organized by Organization of
Pakistani Entrepreneurs in North America held at Washington D.C.
on October 5, 2004.
- Panel Discussion on Multilateralism at
International Chamber of Commerce Congress at Marrakesh,
Morocco, (June 5-9, 2004).
- Board of Directors, Asian Clearing Union at Dhaka, (May 18-22,
2000); Rangoon (May 27-30 2001); Bangalore (June 13-17, 2003);
Shiraz (May 10-12, 2004).
- Board of Governors Meeting of IMF at Washington
(April 21-27, 2004); (April 2003); (April 2002); (April 2001);
(April 13-22, 2000).
- Seminar on Future of Islamic Banking at Bali, Indonesia,
(March 31-April 4, 2004).
- Asia-Pacific Microcredit Summit at New Delhi,
India, (February 3-6, 2001) Dhaka, Bangladesh (February 19-20,
- World Economic Forum at Davos, Switzerland, (January 22-24,
- Annual General Meeting of the Board of Governors
of IMF and World Bank at Prague, (September 22-30, 2000);
Washington (October 8-12, 2001); Dubai (September 19-25, 2003);
Washington D.C. (October 1-3, 2004).
- Annual General Meeting of the B.I.S. at Basle, Switzerland,
(June 10-11, 2001), (July, 2002); (July, 2003).
- Board of Directors Meeting of I.F.S.B. at Kuala Lampur,
Malaysia, (February 28 – March 3, 2003).
- SEANZA Central Bank Governor Symposium at Hong Kong,
(November 2, 2002).
- SEACEN Seminar at Kuala Lampur, Malaysia, (October 30 –
November 1, 2002).
- Asian Regional Financial Stability Forum at Beijing, (October
- International Conference on Challenges to Central Banking
from Globalized Financial System, IMF, Washington (September
- Adam Smith Seminar at Paris (July 9-10, 2002).
- Bank of England Symposium for Central Bank Governors at
London, (June 7-8, 2001); (July, 2002); (July 2003).
- G24 Meeting at Paris, (November 12-15, 2001).
- Board of Directors, Asian Clearing Union at Rangoon, (May
- Board of Trustees, AAOFI at Beirut, Lebanon, (March 8-23,
- Central Bankers Seminar at Kuala Lampur, Malayasia, (August
- Annual Bank Conference on Development Economics at Paris,
(June 25-27, 2000).
- International Donors Conference on Tajikistan at Vienna
(November 24-26, 1998).
- Canadian Conference Board Conference at Ottawa (February
- World Bank – Canadian Government Joint Seminars at Edmonton,
Vancouver (October 17-21, 1997).
- UNITAR Seminar at Turin (June 25-28, 1997).
- World Bank Poverty Seminars in Geneva, London, Oslo (April
- World Bank Poverty Seminars in Paris, London, Berne and
Kampala (September, 1996).
- Conference on China in Claremont Ferrand, France (December
- Asian Bonds Market Conference in Hong Kong, (1995).
- Towards Gender Equality at Oslo, New. Delhi, (1995).
- World Summit on Gender held in Beijing, (1995).
- SILIC Debt Swiss-Swedish Conference at Geneva, (May
- African Students Association, Tufts University at Boston,
(October 13, 1993).
- Annual Conference of Harvard African Students Association at
Cambridge, MA, (April 9, 1994).
- Tokyo International Conference on African Development, at
Tokyo, (October 5-8, 1993).
- Harvard Institute of International Development Workshop on
Budgeting at Cambridge, Ma. (July 1993) (Lecturer).
- EDI/UN Seminar at New York, (May 18, 1993).
- NAM Expert Group on Debt at Jakarta, (February 13-18, 1993).
- International Conference on African issues at Abidjan,
(October 12-16, 1992).
- International Seminar on Debt, Department of External
Affairs, Government of Canada at Ottawa, (June 1992).
- Bank Advisory Group on Private Sector Development at
Washington, D.C., (May 1992).
- U.N. Ad-hoc Committee on African Recovery at New York,
- EDI/INS Seminar at Brighton, Sussex, (July 1991).
- Harvard Institute of International Development Workshop on
Budgeting in the Public Sector at Cambridge, Mass., (July 1991)
- Queen Elizabeth House, Oxford Seminar on External Finance at
Oxford, England, (June 1991).
- Western Economic Association Annual Conference. Panel
discussant on African Debt at Seattle, (June 1991).
- Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs Seminar on Debt at
Oslo, (November 1990).
- Financial Management Association of America Annual meeting
(Panel discussant on Developing Country Debt) at Orlando, Fla.,
(October 25-26, 1990.
- ECLAC/ World Bank Seminar on Debt at Santiago, (April 1990).
- Harvard Conference on Latin American Debt, at Cambridge,
Mass., (May 1989).
- International Conference on Oil Palm, at Port Harcourt,
Nigeria, (November 1986).
- Nigeria's Economic Recovery - International Seminar organized
by the Nigerian American Chamber of Commerce and
African-American Institute of U.S.A. at Lagos, (September 1985).
- International Colloquium on Rural-Urban Relations and
Development Planning, at Nagoya, Japan, (November 1977).
- Panel of Experts Meeting held under U.N. Center for Regional
Development at Penang, Malaysia, (June 1977).
- Sixteenth International Conference of Agricultural Economists
held at Nairobi, Kenya, (July-August 1976).
- Pakistan-U .S. Joint Seminar on Population and World Food
Resources held at Karachi, (May 1975).
- International Seminar on Taxation for Asian countries held at
Tokyo, Japan, September- (October 1973).
- Executive Management Seminar held at Cambridge,
Massachusetts, (August-September 1971).
- Eighth Seminar on UNIDO Operations held at Vienna, Austria,